Overview of services
Welcome to JIB Medical, PC
JIB Medical looks forward to serving your family’s health care needs. All participants in the Pension Hospitalization and Benefit Plan (PHBP) are eligible to use its services, as detailed in the Summary Plan Description for the PHBP .
JIB Medical sees patients who come to the facility for primary care as well as patients who have outside doctors. For those patients who have a private doctor primarily managing their healthcare, JIB Medical doctors will add all they can and work with the other doctor(s) as the patient wishes. Of course, all findings are available to the patient and any other doctor the patient designates and releases information to under HIPAA.
If the patient is referred by a JIB Medical physician to an outside specialist on the JIB Medical Approved Provider Referral List, the first visit (only) has no co-pay. This applies only to the first clinical visit with a doctor, not to any referrals for testing (such as radiology and others).
Contact JIB Medical at (718) 591-2014, for all questions and to make, change or cancel appointments.
- Please call as soon as possible to notify us of any changes or cancellations, within 48 hours at the least. If a patient fails to keep the appointment without notifying JIBM, another patient will lose the opportunity to take that appointment slot.
- Monday through Friday: 8:00AM to 7:00PM (not all services are available at all hours or every day).
- Last physical exam scheduled no later than 6:00 PM, other visits no later than 6:30 PM.
- Saturday: 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM (not all services are available at all hours or every Saturday).
- Last physical exam scheduled no later than 1:00 PM, other visits no later than 1:30 PM.
- If urgent: Consider if an Urgent Care Center would be adequate.
See MagnaCare's Urgent Care Center Information Reference.
Read our article, “To ER or Not to ER”
- If necessary, call 911 or go directly to the nearest emergency room.
- If not urgent, please call back during normal business hours (718) 591-2014.
- Health Advocate is a valuable service the PHBP provides participants. It is available 24/7 at (866) 799-2723 and providestelephone assistance for a wide variety of problems, including advising on acute difficulties.
JIB Medical provides the following services:
Annual complete check-up.
- This includes a complete physical exam and medical history, as well as electrocardiogram and laboratory tests as indicated.
- It is designed to address any current medical problems and to work with each patient to prevent as many future problems as possible and to help patients have as long, fit and healthy life as possible.
CardioPrevention Program (CPP), a unique program created to reduce risk of cardiovascular disease. Please see the separate article that describes the CPP.
- If a patient wants to add the CPP to the annual exam, it is important to request it in advance.
- As extensive as the CPP is, for the patient the only noticeable difference is a harmless and painless sonogram of the arteries in the neck. The additional labs and exam do not require anything extra of the patient.
- A limited number of CPP’s are scheduled weekly, so some might have to be deferred to a later date
Follow-up visits for ongoing care from previous visits, including acute and chronic conditions, discussing results, ongoing preventive care and others.
Appointment request – Requests for appointments for any reason on short notice, if an opening is available.
Acupuncture (for pain relief only).
Apprentice exams (arranged by the relevant Apprenticeship Program).
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) exams are now performed by an outside physician to whom we can refer you.
- The pulmonary function portion of the exam (if needed) is done at JIB.
- Appointments must be made in advance.
Dieticians for one-time or ongoing counselling on nutritional health and practices.
Immunizations - Flu shots and most others.
OSHA required evaluations.
Optical department services (optometrists, glasses)
Pediatric visits - (check-ups, illness, immunizations, camp exams, school forms).
- Most non-contrast x-rays of any body parts.
- Ultrasound of most organs
- Bone density
- Mammography and breast sonograms.
- ECHO cardiograms
- Carotid sonograms, including Carotid IMT (CIMT), for the CPP.
Requests to perform prescribed tests from a patient’s doctor:
- Laboratory work.
- Blood pressure checks.
- Radiology tests done in the department.
- Pulmonary function testing.
School forms (all levels)
Specialty appointments (limited).
- Ophthalmology and optometry.
- Gynecology and obstetrics
Notice of Privacy Practices for JIB Medical PC - Revised 2016