A simple healthy breakfast or snack idea that will keep you feeling full
- In a medium saucepan boil water and milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract
- Add the oats and stir well.
- Cook the oats for about 5 minutes on low heat
- Cover the saucepan and let the oats sit for about 5 minutes or until they are the desired consistency. Oatmeal can cook very quickly, so keep an eye on the oats when boiling.
- Put oatmeal into serving bowl
- Add fruits …and you have a delicious breakfast or snack that is ready in about 10 minutes!
Be creative and substitute with any type of fruit for this recipe. You can also add your favorite nuts or seeds for more fiber and omega 3. This healthy breakfast recipe is very low in calories and very filling without adding sodium or cholesterol to your breakfast or snack.